Re: Diode pad names?

To avoid huge duplication of data, both drawing symbols and footprints should be generic.
Then the real use would be defining a part (component) that would link to a symbol and a footprint, and then have all relevant data like pin names, mfg part number, suppliers part numbers etc..

That is what I was advocating during my career in the electronic industry (in more than 2000 designs mostly SMT).

Just my two cents,

Jean-Paul (AC9GH)