Re: Diode pad names?

You guys are talking about pad names. There is no such thing, AFAIK; only
pad numbers, which can be set to a string. Did Dick originally talk about
setting those numbers?

IIUC, since the pin numbers and pad numbers have to match, then those also
need to be numbers. So only the pin name can be set to A or C. This, and
for now we are stuck with footprints mentioning the pin order such as
SOT-23-CBE. Right?

As for capacitor polarity (the ones that have one), we use anode and
cathode a bit here, + and - also. I googled it and they definitely use
those terms. I was asking because it would be great to have a general
convention such as: "2-pin polarized devices use this and that for pin
names." Such that it includes polarized capacitors and diodes.