Re: cvpcb updating FPID nicknames

On 4/9/2014 9:41 AM, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Wayne,
>
> I was having no luck with FP_LIB_TABLE::ConvertFromLegacy() which was based on assumptions
> no longer in play.  Please see this comment at line 174 of
> cvpcb/readwrite_dlgs.cpp:
>
> #if 0
>
>     This code block was based on two major assumptions that are no longer true:
>     1) Footprint library basenames would remain the same.
>     (But no, basenames have been renamed in the github repo.)
>     2) *.mod files would still be around and merely reside in the FP_LIB_TABLE.
>     (But no, they have been converted to *.pretty.)
>
>     There is a newer replacement code block in the #else region.
>

> If you don't like what I've replaced it with, please let me know, I am at your service.
>
> I do have a nice old project that I can run this against, and it does what it can now, all
> of which is good.  Before nothing good was happening, because assumption 2) above is
> definitely not valid on my system.
>

> Dick

Dick,

Not a problem.  The original code was essentially a stop gap measure so
the fp-lib-table code could be released.  One of the problems that I did
not resolve was the use of project specific libraries.  It is impossible
to determine the users intent by looking at the list of footprint
libraries (which may or may not still exist) in the project file.  How
would you determine if the user intended the library to be project
specific or global?  I couldn't think of a sane way to determine this so
I left that to the user to fix.

Thanks,