Trace length tunning/matching for Kicad

Hi,

Im' new here. My name is Pierre. I've started to develop for kicad a tool for
trace length tunning.

Trace length tunning is an important tool which is lacking when designing more
complex boards in particular board with DDR/DDR2/DDR3 ram. For example the
board olinuxino imx 233 maxi, which is open hardware uses length tunned traces
in Eagle. It is currently completely impossible to do similar thing with kicad
even when spending lot of time on it.

A bug was filled by other users: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/594089

So my initial development was to stop the bleeding, and obviously it is very
early version which can largely be improved in usability. Though for my use it
is already suitable for DDR ram routing. Here are first
results:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWJyGpkZ6k4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdQ-2EnWNkw

I would appreciate any feedback, and advice. Do you think I should do a branch
with my code (still buggy)? Also I think it would be nice to get it working
with new component view, I don't think it would be hard. Has the microwave
toolbox started to be ported? (it would give me an example).

I think it would be good to make sure a length tunning tool (even minimal) is
available in next kicad release, because it simply prevents to use kicad to
design certain kind of boards.

Pierre.

Follow ups