Re: KiCad crash when clicking on Help then any of the two bottom sub-menus

On 04/11/2014 08:40 PM, Jean-Paul Louis wrote:
> As the Subject says,
> When I open KiCad, then click on “Help", then on “KiCad Manual” or “Getting started with LiCad”, it crashes.
> The “Copy Version Information" sub-menu is OK, and shown below.
>
> Application: kicad
> Version: (2014-04-11 BZR 4798)-product Release build
> wxWidgets: Version 3.0.0 (debug,wchar_t,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC 4.2.1,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
> Platform: Mac OS X (Darwin 13.1.0 x86_64), 64 bit, Little endian, wxMac
> Boost version: 1.54.0
>          USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
>          USE_WX_OVERLAY=ON
>          KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
>          KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
>          KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
>          USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
>          BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
>
> I also attach the file that contains what was on the Mac screen right after the crash.
>

> This is with the last build, but also happens with previous builds that I tried (like 4778).
> my Mac OS X is still a crude build, as I do not have yet all the docs loaded (not sure why)
>
> Only KiCad crashes. The other programs pop a screen telling me that I miss the manual files.
>
> I hope someone can tell me what is wrong with my build.
> I am open to try anything that can help to have a piper build on Mac OS X.

I'm looking at this and see it is *not* OSX specific.  I am duplicating it on linux and
expect it to be same on Windows.

I have some of it ironed out already.  Should have it fully resolved soon.

Thanks for what is a good bug report.

Dick