Re: Static initialization order fiasco

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 01:55:52PM -0700, Henner Zeller wrote:
> No, this is just a matter of using the language correctly.

The problem it that there are way too much finer points to remember,
like the implicit bool cast rule, the static initializers for some reason
can only be integral, enums which are integral but not everywhere and so
on. Oh and constants variables actually take memory since you could
eventually take their address, one day...

Most of all the thing I don't like is to have to (re)declare the class
interface in only one place. I agree that's needed for building the VTBL
but still is a nuisance:P

What I meant is C++ is becoming to big to fit in the head (also they
regularly break backward source compatibility which is a big no-no)
I'm not surprised that they don't accept it for safety-certified
systems...

Still there is people saying that 'bad' things in C/C++ are the =/==
operators and the missing break issue in switches:P:P

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl