Re: parts-list and BOM

OK the BOM stuff is driving me nuts..

There once was a way to get an XML BOM out of kicad - I was just sitting down to write a script to deal with it and I see it is no longer there. (Imagine the painful sound of a wolf howling)..

The reason it is needed:

The current BOM export uses default field headers ( field1, field2 etc ) instead of supplying the name of the field. I could write some nasty script to parse the schematic.sch file, but it is my understanding that the format will soon change.

The script I want to write would take the source data, then instantiate columns as needed based on the custom-field-names (other than 'reference, 'value', and footprint.) and spit out a usable list.tvs that I can pull into gunemeric.

I would also like to pull in the doc link, but that does not appear to live in schematic.sch but only in the library.dcm file...

Application: Eeschema
Version: (2013-dec-23)-testing
Build: wxWidgets 2.8.12 (no debug,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,GCC 4.7.2,wx containers,compatible with 2.6)
Platform: Linux 3.2.0-4-amd64 x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
Boost version: 1.53.0
         KICAD_GOST=OFF
         USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
         USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
         KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
         KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON

Karl Schmidt                                  EMail Karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Transtronics, Inc.                              WEB http://secure.transtronics.com
3209 West 9th Street                             Ph (785) 841-3089
Lawrence, KS 66049                              FAX (785) 841-0434

The government can not provide rights; it can only restrict them.
Ideally they should protect our natural rights. kps