Re: What was the problem with DXF text?

Le 29/04/2014 19:01, Lorenzo Marcantonio a écrit :
> I have seen that TEXT entity generation was disabled for multiline text;
> what was the problem?

It is not disabled, it was never used for multi-line texts.

Due to a bug created in rev 4572 (I apologize: I commit the patch), as
explained in the (short) commit message, the virtual PLOTTER::Text was
no more existing in derived plotter classes.

Therefore, DXF_PLOTTER::Text ( like other "ANY_PLOTTER"::Text()
function) was never called since rev 4572.
Before this commit, "ANY_PLOTTER"::Text() only prints single-line texts.

I fixed that issue.

However, for multi-line texts (i.e. for texts including a '\n' ascii
code) the basic PLOTTER::Text() is called, instead of the suitable
derived Text() function.

Obviously, DXF_PLOTTER::Text cannot plot texts including'\n' ascii code.
(could be also the case for PS and PDF plotters)

Feel free to fix it.

> I vaguely remember testing it so it should have worked..

"it should have worked": Never, because never used, and never coded.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS