Re: Library Convention

> I agree with you, we need to publish a Rev 1.0 of the rules and start
from there.
> Your rule set looks good to me, and I’ll help to answer questions as they
arise.
> Believe me, they will <):D

Thanks Jean-Paul for the help and validation. Thanks to others as well.

> 5. Use a common field text size of ???.
> My preference is 50mils but no matter what field text size you choose,
> please revise all of the existing symbols accordingly.

Oh yes I skipped that one. I think 50mils/1 LU all across the board will
keep it simple.

> Of course there is an ISO standard for lettering, too

Lorenzo, maybe we could migrate to that ISO charset you just published (For
people not on the lib-committers mailing list,
here<https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-lib-committers/msg00104.html>
is
the relevant information). Since we can't use it right away due to the
amount of work left to be able to do so, I suggest for now we simply don't
spend time to change the font in the current libraries, and we go over it
once we're ready. Since the ISO charset is a little more compact than the
current font, I don't see how waiting a bit would cause problems if
updating symbols in existing schematics.