Re: Last kicad button is broken (pl_editor) Build BZR4854 OSX

On 08/mag/2014, at 20:52, Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 05/08/2014 01:21 PM, jp charras wrote:
>> Le 08/05/2014 18:28, Jean-Paul Louis a écrit :
>>> Hi Developpers,
>>>
>>> I found a weird error that I never noticed before. The screenshot below
>>> was taken just after clicking on the last button on the right. As usual,
>>> it does not work, but the message in the window is weird. As you can see
>>> the message refer to the guts of the pcb_calculator app, and the
>>> software expect to find the pl_editor there.
>>> Is that a normal behavior or a bug.
>>>
>>> Jean-Paul
>>
>> Strange!
>> But I do not have this issue.
>>

> I think my Mac OS patch fixed this.  But it was never tested.  Apparently the KiCad Mac
> team is unwilling to test patches, and in fact I was scolded for offering it.

There is a mistype at include/common.h @ 105, should be changed from:
#define PL_EDITOR_EXE  wxT( "pcb_calculator.app/Contents/MacOS/pl_editor" )
#define PL_EDITOR_EXE  wxT( “pl_editor.app/Contents/MacOS/pl_editor" )

Since as you know I can’t fix it, someone could change that line ?

Thanks,
—
Marco