Re: Board design settings

On 05/08/2014 04:00 AM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
> On 05/08/2014 10:57 AM, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
>> On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 10:53:50AM +0200, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
>>> Currently class BOARD contains a lot of fields & methods, so to make it a
>>> bit lighter - what do you think about moving the tracks width & via size
>>> related stuff to BOARD_DESIGN_SETTINGS class?
>>
>> Aside from a smaller class what would be the advantage? I don't see any
>> other place where could be used (maybe as a work temporary in the
>> setting dialog?)
>
> In fact, that is the main advantage. I need to add settings for custom
> track width/via size (that are not in netclasses or dropdown lists) and
> I simply feel bad about extending an already fat class even more with
> new fields & methods.

You're ability to pick up on previous architectural goals have been top notch.

I doubt Wayne or JP will want to spend the time to look into this in detail, preferring to
simply trust your judgement on it, since you've proven yourself to be a good designer.
Of course, they are welcome to actually speak for themselves, but everyone gets too busy
to hang out here sometimes.

This is a small issue.