KiCad-OSX Where are the help files supposed to be located?

Marco,

The problem is the same for kicad, eeschema, cvpcb, pcbnew, gerbview, pl_editor

I cannot figure out where to put the pdf files that are called by the “Help” menu.
I have tried to put them in the app directory (“/Applications/kicad”). That does not work.
I have tried to put them in the app bundle in the resource sub-dir. That does not work either.
I looked at the code, and could see the request for the two kicad help files, but no clue about
where they should go.

The error message gives the filename, but not the path.

Please help.
This might be an OSX only issue.

Jean-Paul

Follow ups