Re: News about python project manager

Sent from my Galaxy S®III

-------- Original message --------
From: Jean-Samuel Reynaud <js.reynaud@xxxxxxxxx>
Date:05/13/2014  12:12 PM  (GMT-06:00)
To: kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Kicad-developers] News about python project manager

Hi all,

I'm working on the wxpython based kicad project manager. I have some
questions:

About the look and feel:
I currently working on the option 2 I had submit (please find attached a
remind...).
It based on a tree for an overview of the project files. Tree and
console can be minimized to enlarge working area
I think it could be great to be able to detach a window to keep it on
screen corner while working on a other window.
=> Any comments ?

Same as before.  I don't like a tree view.

About the project file:

Currently, as I understand, project (aka kicad C++ project manager) is
not "swiged". I think I'll need this to move forward

No.  Scaffolding could have been written.  The important part of the help I wanted was the UI not a working project manager.

(on new, open, save)
but I can also write a "pure python" project file reader/writer.

Don't waste your time.

For me it can be a good idea since the python code should be the only
code which handle project files in the future.

It won't get committed. I won't use it.

 Adding wizard/template
for project
creation (and more) could be done in python in this case. There will be
less exchangesbetween C + + and Python also.

Swig is what I will use.

=> Is it really a good idea ?

No.

About coding standard:

Did I try to meet at maximum coding standard currently used for C++ or
did I try to meet pep8 instead ?

Pep8 or style similar to wxpython.

As I see, major changes are on class/method naming.

Regards