Re: Ubuntu Lucid 64-bit Build

Hi Jacob,

Many people have 64 bit Ubuntu builds.  There is a kicad-install.sh script
that goes through the whole process, and this is the direction the
developers seem to be going.  I suspect the Kicad developers are going to
ask why you are using a Linux distro that stopped getting updates more than
a year ago.

I have been working on a PPA for quite some time, and maintained one for a
while, but it seems that as soon as I fix the last issue, the developers
change the build process in a way that Debian/Ubuntu cares about.  Since
there is a working build script, a Linux build is lower on my priorities.

I'm not complaining--I like the new features: have you seen the latest Push
and Shove progress?

Adam Wolf
Wayne and Layne, LLC