Re: Ubuntu Lucid 64-bit Build

$ cd wxWidgets-3.0.0
$ ./configure --enable-shared=yes --with-opengl
[output shows both opengl = yes and compile as shared library = yes]
$ make -j4
$ sudo make install
[is it necessary here to change LD_LIBRARY_PATH and run ldconfig?? I didn't.]

$ cd ~/kicad_sources/kicad.bzr/scripts
$ ./kicad-install.sh --install-or-update
[updated to bzr 4874]
[kicad-install.sh checks to see that wx2.8 related packages are up-to-date. My oops??]

$ kicad
kicad: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_gl-3.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$ sudo ldconfig
$ kicad

Oh WOW! Hot damn! It works!
Since it asked for libwx_gtk2u_gl-3.0.so.0, I'm guessing that it took the hint and used wxWidgets 3.0, and jp's instructions worked.

Thank you, you provided the missing link.

Jacob Schmidt

P.S. Adam, is there something that I can do to help out the PPA at all ???
If I can seriously help out somehow, I can spend a little time and put a more recent Ubuntu on a machine.