Re: [Kicad-lib-committers] Silk screens over pads and naming

Guys,

I am reading all this thread, and I am amazed that people suggest a silk shape that will HAVE TO BE REMOVED by the PCB fabricator.
This is adding cost to a PCB without any value added.

The example shown by Lorenzo is a very good example. The yellow rectangle has zero value AND an extra cost, while just two lines (shown in white) provide the real value of locating the chip without hindering the manufacturing process.
On top to it, because it is just inside the guard area (outside rectangle), it provide guidance for the
clearance between parts.

Thank you, Lorenzo.

Jean-Paul
AC9GH