Re: CERN work package 4 (Extend number of layers)

On 06.06.2014 07:57, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 01:15:28AM +0200, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
I can't agree here. One of the main reasons why we did the P&S router was
lack of quality interactive router *integrated* in Kicad. We'd like to
achieve the same with STEP support.

I would have no problem with an external program; I personally prefer
the unix 'lot of small programs' philosophy. I'd actually like to have
all the postprocessors (plot, drill, reports and so on) as separate
programs.

Lorenzo,

I'm not against unix philosophy. I'm against making core Kicad features rely *exclusively* on command line tools.

Having an additional command line PCB plotter/reporter is great for advanced users, but don't expect someone who freshly installed Kicad to be productive with such tools. Most of new people get stuck even with setting env variables...

Cheers,
Tom