Re: [OFFTOPIC] CERN work package 4 (Extend number of layers)

On 06.06.2014 10:28, Lorenzo Marcantonio wrote:
On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 09:53:39AM +0200, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
I'm not against unix philosophy. I'm against making core Kicad features rely
*exclusively* on command line tools.

The whole Xilinx ISE works on command line tools, for example. It simply
calls the tools in the right order with the right parameters. More or
less like the eeschema BOM plugins.

And every program spends few minutes just parsing and saving intermediate files. Besides, ISE is a programming environment, not a graphical editing tool. Vivado doesn't work this way anymore.

Tom