Info about Extending the Gerber format with attributes

I just received a mail from Karel Tavernier (Managing Director at
Ucamco, the company which manages the Gerber format) about latest
changes in Gerber format (Gerber X2 format).

Using extensions (at least the "FileFunction" attribute, which defines
the purpose of each Gerber file, but some other attributes have an
interest in Kicad), is in our latest road map document.

For guys who are interested by theses extensions (I am thinking a change
in Gerber Format should have a major interest for everybody), see:

For the latest Gerber format with attributes:
http://www.ucamco.com/files/downloads/file/81/the_gerber_file_format_specification.pdf

An example of Gerber X2 files (RS274X with attributes):
http://www.ucamco.com/files/downloads/file/82/gerber_x2_example_1.zip

You can have a look to some other files to:
http://www.ucamco.com/files/downloads

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS

Follow ups