Re: thermal pads

On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 07:50:06AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> Line 741 in dialogs/dialog_pad_properties.cpp, revision 4755, broke my thermal pads, as
> well as edge connectors plating.

(Strangely :P) I agree with Dick... there are some card edge connector
standards (i.e. RAST) which have the same signal on both sides. RASTs
are usually done with a THT round pad overlapping with the connector, so
the resulting thing is a D-pad and connection is assured.

However there could be an issue: IIRC the current code check for
connectivity thru pads looking on the layer set; a both-side pad like
that has no thru-conduction so that check should be verified to avoid
detecting an electric connection where there is none.

The alternative (with the current error) would be to force two pads
(only a little nuisance). Still to the old how-to-do-padstacks issue.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl