Re: Module classes refactorization

On Tue, Jun 24, 2014 at 08:11:41AM +0200, jp charras wrote:
> You cannot drop the relative position.
>
> The reason there are two types of coordinates in footprints items is due
> to the fact footprints can be rotated by 0.1 degree increment.

Uhm... I'm not convinced about that...

Classical scenegraph environment: every object has the position
*relative to the container* so it inherits the transformation matrix of
the container. Never seen something doing that in a different way...

So when you need the actual (absolute) position of, say, a line, you
take it (relative to the module), rotate and shift to the module.
Perfectly reproducible (and cacheable in mutables if there are
performance issues, just inject an invalidate command when module
moves/rotates).

Where is the problem in that? i.e. compute the absolute position on
demand instead of having it updated every time (I think that was the
solution being suggested)

Otherwise I missed something

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio