Re: New layer ids

On 07/01/2014 10:44 AM, Tomasz Wlostowski wrote:
> On 01.07.2014 17:16, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
>> On 06/30/2014 02:34 PM, Javier Serrano wrote:
>>>
>>> I confirm we had a phone conversation with Lorenzo about this work and were planning
>>> to write a blueprint for him to start (actually continue) working on this. My
>>> understanding was that this was with us (CERN + Lorenzo), but there was maybe a
>>> separate discussion that I missed. Dick, what are the status and (if applicable) plans
>>> for this work package now?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Javier
>>

>> JP, Wayne and I developed the following working blueprint and attached spreadsheet.
>> Spreadsheet from JP.
>
> Dick,
>
> What was your reason for keeping this blueprint secret and not involving
> CERN (as well as other important developers) in the discussion?
>
> I sincerely hope it was just an accident.
>
> It feels really awful, being treated like a second-string developer.
>
> Tom

I saw it as two tasks,

1) creating the open ended layer framework and fixing the legacy layer order/sequencing
problem once and for all, and

2) identifying the needed layers and their purpose.

I withheld my involvement in 2), and the email shows I intended to do so from the beginning.

Therefore I thought as lead developer I had license to volunteer my time on 1) anyway I
chose.  I do after all have unique knowledge of the code and position within the project.

I will take a back seat to you and others on item 2), and intended to do so from the
beginning, as I respect your expertise in this area greatly.

Generally you should not expect me to beg to make my contributions.  We've had more than
enough discussions in the past about how to hold layers, and no agreement was in sight.

Dick