Re: New layer ids

On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 07:14:43PM +0200, jp charras wrote:
> This explains core developers (mainly Dick who made 99% of the work)
> started and *finished* the work to expand the number of layers.

I had a lot of the job done too, at least on a trial basis. Asked for
feedback on the list and got the usual "I don't like that" without any
technical reason whatever. Funnily in the end he did it exactly like he
didn't want to (using static accessor for common sets).

If all that 'core developer only' stuff was discussed on the main list
we could have reached a good agreement and helped too.

At least an "OK we are doing the layer improvent so stop working on that"
notice could have been common courtesy.

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl