Re: New to dev - What I'm working on

>________________________________

[snip]

>2. 3D Viewer - board color (realistic mode)
>

>See: http://imgur.com/VYX1ChW

Nice - maybe you can do the same for the VRML export some day? :)

[snip]

>6. 3D Viewer - Copper shows up inside pad with drill hole (Through-hole GND pin for example)

This is typical when multiple traces end at a pad; it has to do with the
clipping software's algorithms. In the VRML exporter this is correctly
handled by creating the polygons representing all traces, performing a
tesselation, then adding the thru-holes and cutouts and tesselating again.

One thing that annoys me (but which I don't care too much to fix) is the
appearance of features (text, drilled/plated holes) outside the board
outline. In the VRML export for example, when you look at the pic_programmer
demo you can see such artifacts. This may be useful for some people in
some situations, but I suspect everyone who uses the VRML view or exporter
will also want an option to clip such features. This is not so trivial, which
is why I ignored it in the VRML exporter.

- Cirilo