winbuilder debug build link fail

Team,

     I've been using the "printf" method to identify the cause of a windows
exception on close of pcbnew.exe (release) I have seen.  However, all
passed for as deep to the end of the program as I could identify.
Therefore, I wanted to transition to a debug build and use debug tools to
attempt to identify the source of my windows exception on pcbnew exit.

     What I've run into is a link error that mirrors a similar issue
previously identified by another developer on the list -- and this thread
is quite dated.  Reading the thread, I did not readily see how to resolve
the issue.

https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg11097.html

     What I found was the issue was reproduced with recent builds if I had
previously set the debug level to "Release", change it to "Debug" and run
"make" then I would see this issue.

      In an attempt to resolve the issue, I went to the ./build directory
and ran a "mingw32-make.exe clean".   This did not help.  The latest
attempt used SCRIPTING OFF, make clean, then the hour-long+ rebuild.

     Some sample error output (without having to look at the link above):

CMakeFiles\_pcbnew.dir/objects.a(pcbnewPYTHON_wrap.cxx.obj): In function
`SWIG_Python_AddErrorMsg':
C:/kicad_build/kicad-winbuilder-3.4/build/Debug/pcbnew/scripting/pcbnewPYTHON_wrap.cxx:1020:
undefined reference to `_imp___Py_RefTotal'
C:/kicad_build/kicad-winbuilder-3.4/build/Debug/pcbnew/scripting/pcbnewPYTHON_wrap.cxx:1020:
undefined reference to `_imp___Py_RefTotal'
C:/kicad_build/kicad-winbuilder-3.4/build/Debug/pcbnew/scripting/pcbnewPYTHON_wrap.cxx:1024:
undefined reference to `_imp___Py_RefTotal'

     Is there advice on how to get the debug to work w/winbuilder?

Regards,
Jason

Follow ups