kicad-developers team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Re: Module editor branch merged
I will just comment with the bugs/observations I found, that we
discussed on IRC. This is just for reference, if someone notices in
the meantime, and for easier reference for you. Other than that, as I
told you it seems quite stable otherwise, no crashes or anything :)
1. P&S dialog too small per default, and can be resized smaller than
the controlls on it.
2. When trying to move a pad or a graphic element in the module editor
it gives the pad a wierd offset, maybe because the footprint anchor
has been moved by me. Need more testing.
3. Enumeration cannot add the prefix.
4. Deleting in GAL needs still to be implemented.
5. I am not allowed to initialte a drawing on a copper layer, but I
can change it from a silk layer in the graphic items properties, this
6. If editing a module from a pcb, then if the module is locked in the
pcb, the graphic elements are also locked in the module editor. It
says "Selection contains locked items. Do you want to continue?"
7. There is no tooltip for the selection tool, not in default or GAL,
but I think there should be one, maybe just "Selection tool".
8. I did notice one occourence where I could not deselect the pads.
Not sure why or how. Needs more testing.
2014-07-14 17:07 GMT+02:00 Dick Hollenbeck <dick@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On 07/14/2014 09:51 AM, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
>> Dear Developers,
>> After a period of testing, the module-editor branch  has just been
>> merged to the product branch. Besides the conversion of the module
>> editor to GAL, we have also:
>> - added a basic context menu to handle zones
>> - added support for the "locked" property of modules
>> - fixed layer switching after a via placement in the PNS router
>> - enabled display for module anchors
>> - removed panning area limit
>> Some of the changes were possible thanks to reports from you, therefore
>> I am grateful to the reporters.
>> Kind regards,
>> 1. http://www.ohwr.org/projects/cern-kicad/wiki/ModuleEditor
> Wow. Great stuff. Thanks Tom and Orson.
> Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
> Post to : kicad-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~kicad-developers
> More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp