Re: Footprints: *.cmp and *.net stored footprints are not symetric

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 12:59:06PM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> "does the BOARD need to know about the NETLIST, or does the NETLIST need to know about the
> BOARD?'

I'd say that the netlist has nothing to know from the board...

If you think of the netlist as a communication object to be used to
populate the board idea of the circuit then the board only need to use
the netlist.

If you think of the netlist as containing the live informations during
routing then the board has-a netlist. I'm guessing containment since
I can't think of a reason to have it shared around... who other needs
it?

--
Lorenzo Marcantonio
Logos Srl