Re: PATCH: opening *.pro in current directory gives error message

On 07/28/2014 08:58 AM, jp charras wrote:
> Le 28/07/2014 15:20, Dick Hollenbeck a écrit :
>> Thanks Henner:
>>
>> I'll look at this now.  The surprise is the inconsistency of the file dialog, which
>> normally returns a full path, but here not.  An assert would have caught that assumption,
>> my mistake.
>>
>> In the multiple open projects scenario, changing the directory (CWD) will go away.
>>
>> So I won't use your patch as is.  But thanks for the diagnosis.
>>
>> PROJECT::SetProjectFullName() requires a full path.  So we'll have to come up with that.
>>
>> I'll fix this this morning.
>>
>> Dick
>
> In fact I know one case where a path is not usually given:
> When you run kicad (and only kicad) by hand from a command line and your
> command is:
> kicad myproject.pro
>
> and myproject.pro is in the cwd.

Henner,

I was unable to duplicate the wxFileDialog behavior but I believe it could be version
dependent and needs to be guarded against non-the-less.

I also protect against JP's concern in rev 5033.

I will look at eeschema and pcbnew separately as part of my big pending work.