Re: FOSDEM biggest open-source Europen conference just finished

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Fabrizio Tappero
<fabrizio.tappero@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello Guys,
> just a quick mail to say that I have been to FOSDEM 2014 in Belgium. Program
> here:
> https://fosdem.org/2014/schedule/days/
>
> Well, the conference was quite interesting with session dedicated to
> embedded SW and HW but no presence of any EDA SW stuff.
>
> Despite FOSDEM being the biggest open-source conf. in Europe there were no
> presentation of PCB manufacturing tools or similars and I thought of maybe
> asking you guys your opinion about it.
>
> Next year it would be quite interesting to try to organize a session about
> it and maybe invite the major developers from: Kicad, geda, freepcb, eagle,
> others?

Hi, it's almost "next year" now :)

Some of us at CERN are quite sure of attending FOSDEM 2015. I have
seen in their website that the deadline to request a dev room is 15
September. In addition to the projects mentioned above, we could
include the simulation people: ngspice, QUCS, gnucap, Icarus, ghdl...
Who would be interested if we organized a FOSS EDA dev room?

Cheers,

Javier