Re: underlay for reconstructing boards

03/08/14, 03:09, Cirilo Bernardo kirjoitti:

> Any comments/suggestions/objections?

I'd really like to see this materialize. I do some restoration of old,
sometimes even historically interesting equipment.

There has been some attempts to it with even more functionality than
just underlay. Please review [1] and [2].

Two layer underlay would probably help as then the components could be
seen as well. I have a feeling that using OpenGL rendering anything
needed will be possible. Loading the image and stretching it to size
(with corner grip points / coordinates) would be most convenient. That
would allow almost any photo to be used as no aspect ratio or (flat)
perspective distortion would get in the way. Most of the low cost
equipment can not give any strict guarantees of the pixel size anyway.

-Vesa

[1] https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg07628.html
[2] https://lists.launchpad.net/kicad-developers/msg07632.html