Re: eeschema modular kicad work

On 08/15/2014 10:26 AM, Барановский Константин wrote:
> I'm catched the bug where the window of the eeschema freezes.
>
> To reproduce do the next:
> 1) start kicad and opens some project (with existing schematic);
> 2) from kicad's panel start eeschema;
> 3) for some component in context menu (right click) select "Edit
> component -> Edit";
> After this step opens dialog window for edititg the component's props.
> 4) close dialog by close button (x-like button on top of the window);
> 5) dialog closes and eeschema frizz.
> But if close dialog by Cancel button at the button - all works.
>
> Application: kicad
> Version: (2014-08-14 BZR 5074)-product Release build
> wxWidgets: Version 2.8.12 (release,Unicode,compiler with C++ ABI
> 1002,GCC 4.8.2,wx containers,compatible with 2.6)
> Platform: Linux 3.13.0-33-generic i686, 32 bit, Little endian, wxGTK
> Boost version: 1.54.0
>           USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
>           USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
>           KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
>           KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
>           KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
>           USE_FP_LIB_TABLE=HARD_CODED_ON
>           BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON

I don't see this bug when I use:  A) new code from last night + B) wx3.x.  I see bug with
wx2.8.

I don't know for sure whether using wx3.x alone will fix this, but you could try.  If not
rest assured a fix is in hand, but one that depends on wx3.x.

The wx2.8 solution will be to switch back to modal for this particular dialog as part of a
macro that can be re-purposed.  Using the modal form of the macro on this dialog will also
fix the problem under wx2.8.

In your shoes, I'd start by installing wx3.x.  By either building it yourself, or finding
a package.  Here is how I build it:

$ ../configure --with-gtk --prefix=/opt/wx3.x-stl-release --with-expat --enable-html
--enable-stl --with-regex=builtin

and for a debug build:

>From an out of tree build dir.

$ make -j4

$ make install

$ ldconfig

And for a debug build, run it a second time in a new out of tree build dir:

 $ ../configure --with-gtk --prefix=/opt/wx3.x-stl --enable-debug --enable-debug_info
--enable-debug_gdb --with-expat --enable-html --enable-stl --with-regex=builtin

$ make -j4

$ make install

$ ldconfig

It takes less than 10 minutes.