Re: New 3D Viewer options patch

Le 17/08/2014 00:45, Mário Luzeiro a écrit :
> Hi all,
> I implemented some new (old wishes) improvements to 3D-Viewer.
> Also, the overall render was improved.
>
> All changes related with 3D-Viewer:
> - Remove HightQualityMode (now is remove holes option)
> + Render smooth option
> + Render shadow option
> + Render textures option
> + Render remove holes option (old highQualityMode)
> + Render materials option
> + Color option background top
> + Color option background bottom
> + Color option copper
> + Color option solder mask
> + Auto silk screen color (white or black)
> Rearrange menu options
> New pcb and silk textures
> Fix an issue related with wx3 selection grid
> Fix an issue related with wx3/x3d parser VRML conversion
>
> Dear humans merger masters, would you mind to add this patch to main branch?!
> Sorry for any miss coding style (I had problems before with tabs vs spaces, hope that is a bit more fixed now..)
> The patch is against the very last repository version so should be just automerge it.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Mario Luzeiro

Thanks, Mario.

I tested it, and I have some remarks:
Option Show 3D Footprint cannot be re-enabled, after it is disabled.
Option Show Zone Filling cannot be disabled, after it is enabled.
Option Remove Holes: the text is unclear.
Should be something like "Show Holes in Copper Zones"
Perhaps adding tool tips for some render options is helpful.

The textures are now better.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS