Re: Eeschema issue: cannot load component from multi libraries with same component name

On 08/18/2014 03:30 PM, Mário Luzeiro wrote:
> I found that if I have multiple libraries with same component names (notable ex: R, C, INDUCTOR .. ) I cannot select another component other than the one already cached (?). I mean, if I select a R from another library it will load the same R as already loaded in the schematic.
> I am not sure if it is the same as before, or if it is displaying the first that found in the libraries.

1) This is not new.

No, this is prior behaviour, nothing recent.

The component actually used will depend on the search path sequence.  that sequence is
totally given in <project>.pro although not explicitly.  If you want to know the algorithm
for extracting information from there, look at

  PART_LIBS::LibNamesAndPaths()

This is an aggregation of shit that was spread all over the map before.  At least you can
now see it for what it is.

2) You cannot *actually* choose between various "R" library parts.  You will ultimately
get the one decided by 1) above.  Although....

3) There has bee a bug in the library part chooser for some time in that it seems not to
known anything about the reality of 1)

The reality of 1) is why Wayne and I spent a year ripping it out of Pcbnew.  It is not a
pretty reality, I hated it intensely and we replaced it with the fp-lib-table concepts.

> This should be a very recent issue, because I have old projects with multiple libraries with repeated names with no problem.

Nonsense.  You got what the library search path gave you.  You can change that sequence
and get a different one (possibly for all parts in that same library).