Re: eeschema modular kicad work

> Hi guys,
>
> Sorry for asking dumb questions, but what is this whole QuasiModal stuff
> for?
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

No question is dumb.

See Yann's description (from earlier in this thread) of the problem
below, to which Quaimodal is a good solution.

Best Regards,

Brian.

---

Hi Dick, and all the others involved in the modular design.

I noticed something regarding the modular kicad apps :

When you have some modal window opened in one of the app, eg the
module properties window in pcbnew, all the kicad modules are frozen
until you close that window.

It's not a big deal, but rather boring, when you need to check
something in eeschema when editing module properties, you can't launch
eeschema with the button in the kicad main window as it is not
responding. And if eeschema was alredy opened you can't even scroll
the schematic.

I don't know if it is technically possible to change this behaviour,
but I think it could be a great improvement.

Just my two cents.

regards,

yann