Re: Feature request: Extended BOM (Part, Footprint, etc.) management

It is already possible to assigned footprints in schematic. Le the other developers look on your requests that they will be in better position to understand it.
From: Oliver Meier [h2obrain@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 20 August 2014 16:26
To: Mário Luzeiro
Subject: Re: [Kicad-developers] Feature request: Extended BOM (Part, Footprint, etc.) management

I think it's easier to edit the schema in python , that's why I already
wrote those scripts.
When I start a new project I draw the schema and give every every
component a value.
I think just to write ?Ohm or so is confusing in the end.
What I wanted to request as features was :
- BOM-generator with the possibility to specify the fields to export and
group References
   if all the exported fields match.
- BOM-importer (set fields of References to theyr BOM-value)
- Possibility to manage footprints in schemata (or is this already
possible?)