Re: KiCad build.

>________________________________

That would be plain weird and contrary to Copyright law in any country. Depending on jurisdiction, copyright belongs to all authors or else all authors with 'substantive contribution'. In the case of GNU source code the FSF asks all contributors to transfer copyright to the FSF, which requires a legal document. Simply saying that a project 'owns' copyright is 100% pure nonsense. Only a legal entity such as individuals and a corporation can claim copyright. Simply changing the copyright statement on Dick's work is a clear violation of copyright so of course he's furious about it. He's already made huge contributions at his own expense and receives little thanks - is he expected to tolerate people stealing his work as well?

- Cirilo