New Project Leader

Ladies and Gentlemen:

With great respect and humility I am turning over KiCad project leadership to

   Mr. Wayne Stambaugh.

Wayne has established himself as a seasoned leader and software architect.

His software architectural skills and leadership skills make him in my opinion the best of
available persons to fill this role.  We should hope and wish that he finds the job
rewarding and fulfilling in a way that leads to an extended term in this volunteer position.

I obviously have confidence in his abilities, but I don't over estimate his staying power,
nor should you.  Please be kind and respectful to him.

It is time for me to move out of the top spot and off the mailing list.

I want to acknowledge Brian Sidebotham with special thanks for his faith in my leadership
and his exceptional contributions in the realm of KiCad Winbuilder.  It was his faith in
my vision that motivated him to do an unspeakable volunteer effort from which hundreds of
KiCad users benefit.  While I thank him for his confidence in that vision of mine, you all
should thank him for his actual time and leadership in making KiCad on Windows worth
using.  His efforts in promoting CMake as a build engine warrant industry and world-wide
acclaim and he is due a bonus from Kitware.

I want to acknowledge and thank Fabrizio Tappero, who's graphics/icons, and user manual
efforts should go down as some of the most important contributions in KiCad's history.

I want to acknowledge and thank Carl Poirier who is overseeing what is quickly becoming a
world-wide resource.  At my egging, he stepped up and is now overseeing what is becoming
something truly exceptional along with the efforts of generous contributors.  I wish him
the best, I encourage him to be a leader and encourager among reluctant volunteers. I am
proud to have been an inspiration in something that he can proudly put on his resume some day.

I want to thank Javier Serano, whose confidence in our project direction and leadership
inspired him to join and bring in some additional world class talent and team players, Tom
and Orson, as well as KiCad team leadership and seasoned experience.

Lastly I want to thank Jean-Pierre for his friendship, for his faith and confidence in my
sometimes loud and brash leadership.  But were it not for his stabilizing influence in all
things KiCad, we'd all be making less PCB boards, or doing them more expensively.

Please take care of my good friend Wayne Stambaugh.  I have prayed with Wayne, I know his
son.  You could not have a better man at the helm.

Appreciation goes a long way towards keeping this project healthy, and for it to be
healthy you need a class act at the top, you have one in Wayne.

Dick

P.S.

*) The project has SoftPLC Corporation's permission to re-license its copyrights under GPL3.

*) When somebody other than superman Jean-Pierre surpasses this number of commits:
   $ bzr log | grep 'dickelbeck\|Hollenbeck' | wc -l
send me a personal note and I'll send him a congratulatory memo.  :)

*) It would be nice if the kicad-pcb.org website listed SoftPLC Corporation as a
historically significant corporate sponsor.

Out.

Follow ups