Re: Fwd: Re: Config file relocation

Le 31/08/2014 19:35, Moses McKnight a écrit :

> Do you think it would be good to make it automatically move the old
> files to the new location, or just inform the users of the need to do
> that if they don't want to re-enter their settings? The file names in
> ~/.config/kicad will not have the dot in front, so instead of
> ".eeschema" it will be simply "eeschema". If it would be better to
> still have them be dot files, I can change that. This would make it
> so the old config files could simply be moved and not have to be
> re-named - if it is done manually.

No need to change the names.

These files contain only minor info easy to re-enter
(position and size of windows, colors ...), and no actual need to copy
old files.

We have to maintain compatibility with schematic, pcb and lib files, but
not with very minor files like these config files.

And cleanup these files is not so bad.

> Also, should the global fp-lib-table be moved as well? I did not look
> at that one.
>

> Thanks, Moses

No sure.
Having it in home directory is not so bad:
When installing or creating this file we know exactly were it is.
This is useful to edit it by hand (it is not in a hidden directory).
This is not a config file like .kicad or .cvpcb.
It is a default file used in all kicad projects.

Thanks.

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS