Re: Fwd: Re: Config file relocation

On 8/31/2014 8:35 PM, Moses McKnight wrote:
> On 08/31/2014 11:07 AM, jp charras wrote:
>> Le 31/08/2014 13:59, Moses McKnight a écrit :

Moses,

I don't think it's necessary to copy the old files.  Most of the
configuration set up is fairly trivial.  If you've been using KiCad for
any length of time, there probably is a lot of cruft in the config files
that is no longer used.  If we are going to make this change, I
recommend moving fp-lib-table there as well.  Splitting up the KiCad
configuration files in multiple places will only confuse users.  I also
recommend migrating windows over to config files instead of using the
registry.  The global fp-lib-table file is alread in the %APPDATA%/kicad
folder on windows.  I'm sure there will be some grumbling but it's much
easier for developers have someone send a config file than digging
around the windows registry.