Re: wxFormBuilder version

On 9/5/2014 2:40 PM, Moses McKnight wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using Linux Mint 16, 64bit
>
> I looked through past posts on the list here, and figured out that
> wxFormBuilder version 3.3.4 is the one to use for kicad dialogs.
>
> So I installed that from a package on the wxFormBuilder site on
> sourceforge.
> But, when I open dialog_fp_lib_table_base.fbp I get the following messages:
>
> 01:21:15 PM: The property named "skip_lua_events" of class "Project" is
> not supported by this version of wxFormBuilder. If your project file was
> just converted from an older version, then the conversion was not
> complete. Otherwise, this project is from a newer version of
> wxFormBuilder.  The property's value is: 1 If you save this project, YOU
> WILL LOSE DATA
> 01:21:15 PM: The property named "ui_table" of class "Project" is not
> supported by this version of wxFormBuilder. If your project file was
> just converted from an older version, then the conversion was not
> complete. Otherwise, this project is from a newer version of
> wxFormBuilder.  The property's value is: UI If you save this project,
> YOU WILL LOSE DATA
>
> Do I actually need a newer version of wxFormBuilder?  Can I just ignore
> those messages?  I tried using 3.5.0 and 3.4.2 and they both wanted to
> re-write the file on the disk just to open it!
>
> Thanks,
> Moses

Sorry Moses.  I meant to respond to you original question and it just
fell though the cracks.  I'm currently using 3.4.2.  I've used it on
several of the dialogs but there are still many that have not been
updated.  My guess is that there are several versions of wxFormBuilder
dialogs around so I wouldn't worry about it too much.  I noticed that
3.5.0 is now available so I think your OK using that.  The rest of us
will just have to upgrade when we want to modify any of the dialogs
you've edited with 3.5.0.  If any one else has any major objections,
speak now or forever hold you peace.