Re: Edge.Cuts layer in the module editor

Le 03/09/2014 18:03, Maciej Sumiński a écrit :
>> On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 10:22:03AM +0200, Maciej Sumiński wrote:
>>> Healing could be done another way. Instead of moving vertices,
>>> it could be better to add the missing segments. If they are no
>>> longer than a line thickness, then it is not noticeable to
>>> bare eye and should fix the manufacturing problem. User should
>>> be notified of such changes, so he could verify them.
>
> Jean-Pierre,
>
> What do you think about it? Maybe it is better to connect edges if
> there is a break smaller than the thickness of segments instead of
> simply accepting them as they are?
>
> Regards, Orson

Sorry for the delay, I was away last days.

Moving vertices is very dangerous.
You don't know anything about the board mechanical constraints and
therefore:
- You don't know the effect of this move on the board.
- You don't know what is the best segment to move.

Only the board designer can do this kind of change.

For me, when a closed polygon is needed (currently, in 3D functions
and specctra export), the best way is to add a small segment between 2
segments/arcs ends, when creating the polygon.

About manufacturing problems, I *never* had any problem with board
outlines (and I usually have boards with complicated outlines).

--
Jean-Pierre CHARRAS