new person onboarding

Hello, everybody,

I've joined the team and the list just few hours ago after quite some
time spent in kicad-users list/group and other forums because I think
Kicad has great future and is worth to contribute too.
Few words about me: I live near Paris and work in software industry, I
am an ERP consultant by trade (ERP=Enterprise Ressource Planning,
mainly SAP, Oracle Apps and Peoplesoft, my job has nothing to do with
electronics whatsoever), and I am an electronics hobbyist and musician
during my off-hours, so naturally my electronics projects always
gravitate to music-related electronics.
I've switched to Kicad few years ago because it does most of I want
from an EDA, is free and evolves constantly!
I am starting to release my projects under Open Hardware license and
Kicad fits there perfectly. At the same time I am able to sell some of
my designs, nothing to blow your mind financially, I am just able to
offset some of my hobby expenses...

Now, I would like to contribute something. The thing is I am not a
great developer (not a developer at all in fact...), but I could take
some tasks related to documentation, tutorials and such.
My English is not my native language, maybe I could start with some
French translations or something of the sorts?

If you have any docs introducing new participants to the toolchain,
general practices, what steps to take at first etc., I am happy to
start anywhere!

Cheers, Alexei

Follow ups