Re: Rename proposal

On 10 September 2014 16:54, Lorenzo Marcantonio
<l.marcantonio@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 04:49:55PM +0100, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
>> The world survives on convention. If that is ours, why invent new?
>
> Because *our* convention is Front/Back. The collector itself uses it for
> pads, for example.
>
>> Good, I think we're going round in circles on a very simple couple of
>> functions with clearly defined use. :)
>
> Found the determining function with explains the intended behaviour: the
> collector constructor itself uses the show front text/show back text
> visibles to initialize them.
>
> So the meaning is "text placed on a front layer", not "text in a module
> placed on the front side".

I don't get that conclusion considering that module "text placed on a
front layer" is currently impossible as instead in a module it will be
placed on F_Silk!!

> No risk of breaking anything since, as you said, they are set in pair in
> the only non-default setting.
>
> --
> Lorenzo Marcantonio
> Logos Srl

I disagree, but no matter.

If you make the changes to those functions to change their behaviour
to exclude just module text that is on F_Cu or B_Cu then you'll also
need new functions to exclude all module text regardless of layer
based on the module being on either the Front or Back of the board and
fix MODULE_TOOLS::EnumeratePads.

Best Regards,

Brian.