Re: Usability test.

I would agree with Nick.  I hate popups, and checking for a preference is trivial.

As far as usability in general, a lot of what you are talking about has more to do with initial expectations based on other software, than actual ease of use. Maybe "learnability" is a better term? Pressing 'C' for copy is actually easier than pressing 'Ctrl+C', and having to click on an item before you can manipulate it is harder than simply putting the mouse over it and pressing a hotkey.

I do think there can be improvements in the "learnability", but a lot of that has to do with user opinion and expectations. There are also certainly usability improvements to be made as well.

Moses