Re: Panelizing in python almost ready.

On 10/3/2014 6:46 AM, jp charras wrote:
>>> Mmm, why not wx, just to keep the toolkit the same?
>> Because most of my programming fleas are in gtk so it's easier for me… ;)
>> That's only initially, I can port to wx if there's that need (In example
>> KiCAD will be with plugins menu).
>>

> We'll be happy to see this initial version.
>
> However, keep in mind Kicad is multi-platform, and a port to wx will be
> *very* appreciated.
>
> A good panelization tool is a valuable feature.
>
> Thanks.

This is certainly something work looking at.  However, for it to be
included as part of KiCad, it really must be done in wxWidgets.  Either
that or *you* must ensure that all the requirements to build GTK python
support on all supported platforms.  That would be a monumental task.
KiCad is a cross platform application and including utilities that only
work on one platform IMO sets a bad precedence.  It's important to
support more than just our linux users.

Thanks,