Re: Panelizing in python almost ready.

On 10/3/2014 9:44 AM, LordBlick wrote:
>>> Because most of my programming fleas are in gtk so it's easier for me… ;)
>>> That's only initially, I can port to wx if there's that need (In example
>>> KiCAD will be with plugins menu).
>>>

>> We'll be happy to see this initial version.
> https://github.com/LordBlick/kicadPanelizer
>>
>> However, keep in mind Kicad is multi-platform, and a port to wx will be
>> *very* appreciated.
> Small joke: Correct me, if I'm wrong, but I think that gtk is multi-platform too… ;)

Yes it is,  However, it is not required to run kicad on any platform
other than Linux and it is not part of kicad's build configuration on
those platforms.  Therefore, it will become your responsibility to make
sure GTK+ and *all* it's dependencies are installed on any system other
than Linux in order to use your code.  That's something I wouldn't wish
upon anyone.  The other caveat of using GTK+ on any platform other than
Linux is the UI does not look anything like the native applications.
This is why we used wxWidgets in the first place.