Re: OSX Build changes.

On Oct 6, 2014, at 5:39 PM, Andy Peters <devel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, guys -- I have been doing daily builds on OS X, and I haven't had any build issues. Now, I did build and install the various prerequisites (glew, whatnot). Do recent builds use what's installed on my system, or does the master CMake file download and build the prerequisites as needed?
>
> I just built BZR 5165 on 10.9.5 with Xcode 6, and it seems to work so far. One thing I noticed is that after doing the packaging build, the icons for all of the programs other than the Kicad project manager are glyphed out. I assume that this is "expected," in the sense that everything is generally supposed to start from the Kicad project manager.
>
> Interestingly, in the Finder, the only file type which has an application-specific icon is the project file .pro. Everything else (.sch, .kicad_pcb) have a default page-with-a-corner-turned-down icon.
>
> In eeschema, dragging a symbol still results in the redraw failure, and I know that there's a patch (see https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/915761). How does one apply the patch, and can that patch be committed to the trunk?

I believe that Bernhard has rolled both of the patches from that bug (or versions of them) into the patches in the patches directory at the top level of the kicad tree.  He also updated the OS X compilation instructions available in Documentation/compiling/mac-osx.txt with up to date patching instructions.  Note that those patches are for wxWidgets, not kicad itself, so you’ll need to rebuild that.

Garth