Re: OS X build issue when rerunning CMake

On 10/6/2014 6:19 PM, Brian Sidebotham wrote:
> On 6 October 2014 21:57, Wayne Stambaugh <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> That was an easy fix :)  Thanks again for taking on the task of
>> providing regular builds for OSX users.  Now we just have to get regular
>> builds for windows users.  I think once we get over this hurdle, we wont
>> have to spend so much time providing help to users who really should not
>> have to build from source to use a recent version of KiCad.  I would
>> rather our limited development resources be spent working on the KiCad
>> source.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Wayne
>>

> Hi Wayne,
>
> Milan has been using KiCad-Winbuilder and some excellent work of his
> own to provide KiCad packages: http://kicad.nosoftware.cz/
>
> The latest one is only a few days old. I've cc'd him here. Hopefully
> he'll be willing to provide us with the necessary horsepower to
> provide regular KiCad builds, and/or share his experience with
> generating the Windows installer. He's done an absolutely brilliant
> job there. It's install and use!!
>
> The only thing we need to is to use "start kicad" rather than his
> "kicad" call in the batch file he's using to start kicad. This will
> then drop the dos box that's present when you run this KiCad.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Brian.

Hey Brian,

I'm looking at the download page at kicad-pcb.org and I don't see a link
to this page.  Am I missing something?  We should be pointing users here
rather than asking them to build from source in order to run bleeding
edge versions of KiCad.  Would someone please add a link to this site in
the "KiCad Bleeding Edge Version" section of the download page when you
get a chance?

Cheers,