Re: OSX Build changes.

On Oct 7, 2014, at 10:48 AM, Nick Østergaard <oe.nick@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Den 07/10/2014 19.43 skrev "Wayne Stambaugh" <stambaughw@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > In Andy's defense, the OSX compile instructions show:
> >
> > # patch -p0 ../kicad/patches/wxwidgets-3.0.0_macosx.patch
> >
> > so I can understand his confusion.  I missed that when I committed
> > Bernhard's patch.  I will update it so that it is correct.  Sometimes
> > it's these setbacks that help us find issues and move forward.
> >
> > Wayne
>
> Sure thing, it was not ment as negative comment, just to help him understand it. Nothing to defend here. :) I am only on mobile now, so I did not check the doc, but assumed that it was stating the wrong thing.

Oh, no worries here. I'm a hardware/FPGA guy who wants to help. Since I'm not at all an applications-level programmer, all I can really do is say that I followed the instructions and it didn't work, and hope that my messages are helpful.

I read the man page for patch before asking for help, and I admit that I didn't fully understand it.

The good news is that I patched and built WxWidgets 3.0.0 and then rebuilt BZR 5165 (again, OS X 10.9.5 with Xcode 6.0.2) and the symbol-redraw-when-moved bug is fixed for me.

Thanks, everyone.

-a