Installing with python scripting in Linux Mint 17 / Ubuntu 14.04

Hi,

I have just managed to install in Mint 17 with python scripting turned on. I downloaded python-wxgtk3.0 and python-wxgtk3.0-dev from the ubuntu utopic (14.10) repositories on the web. Just install by double-clicking them in the file manager.

http://packages.ubuntu.com/utopic/python-wxgtk3.0
http://packages.ubuntu.com/utopic/python-wxgtk3.0-dev

The kicad-install.sh script needs a couple more install dependencies if you turn scripting on:

swig
libpython-dev

After installing all of that I could turn on scripting, and it built and runs and now shows a scripting console in the tools menu of pcbnew.

Hope that helps for those using Mint or Ubuntu.

Moses